Sunday, November 19, 2006

#11 - My tools do work clockwise!!!


Well much to my surprise my tools can put things back on. It had been so long taking thins off I had my doubts. Its been hell at work over the last month, a couple of 70 hour weeks and a 60 mixed in. It seems Christmas is here so there has been Saturdays and late nights at least now it gets dark early and I don't have to have til 9:00 to adjust the lights at their houses.
I guess I havent been spending a lot of time on the truck, kind of getting things ready for the next phase. I had some new pieces fabricated such has new leaf spring mounts , shackles, rounding up bolts and nuts. Finishing a few pieces and getting them painted and primed. But this last week and this weekend I have managed to get the front and rear suspension and both axles hung. I have also installed the brakes and shocks.
I was amazed at how easy it was to get parts. I went in to NAPA with my parts manual to try and get cone roller bearings and the chase bearings for both the rear and front end. I have the the International Harvester IH part number and then their computer will reference it. Out of the 12 bearing I needed they had all 12, IN STOCK!! Now that is truly amazing. This week I will challenge them with a couple of items that I think will be tougher to find.
I am off quite a bit around turkey day, will go to Austin to see my dad for the A&M/t.u. on Friday but during the next week I hope to be quiet productive. I am hoping to finish installing everything and put a last coat of paint on the frame and drivetrain. Then pull off everything of the engine and get it painted and installed over the holidays. Sounds aggressive, but I have a good feeling, gotta love it. Its been so nice going home not covered in rust.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home