Thursday, September 07, 2006

#8 - The Texas 'Grinder' Massacre

Its been quite a productive last month. With the exception of a chance encounter with a wire cup brush spinning at 10,000 rpms and my nose. I spent extra money for a grinder with a variable speed. Used it everyday. Got used to it. Knew how it felt. Knew how to handle it safetly. Then the neighbors borrowed it without my knowledge. Put it back. Turned it on. Ouch. Blood. Cussing. More blood. More Cussing. Don't take me wrong, my neighbors are welcome to anything I own. But in there innocence, they turned the grinder up from about 3000 to 10,000 rpms and as soon as I touched the frame it jumped back on me. The deal with electric tools is that when things go bad, they go bad in a hurry. Drill presses, 1/2 hp drills, grinders etc. That is why they make safety equiptment. Luckily I was wearing my safety glasses and gloves. What is left of my safety glasses. I was laying on my back when it jumped down and I had no place to go. My wife said I cant post any pics, it will most definitely leave a scare. As she says "now Im not just pretty". But after three weeks it is healing nicely, if only some more and I could have ordered one of the Tom Cruise noses. Oh well...

In other news, I have removed the bed and completed the rear section of frame. I am ready to put the rear end, shocks, brake lines, and brakes on. I am waiting on leaf spring brackets which are being remade.










In the meantime I am removing doors, wiring harness, seats in preparation to take the cab off. I cant decide how to deal with it. I need to price out having it dipped. I cant reach many areas with a sandblaster or grinder. So I am thinking what to do. This is where the most of the serious rust is, I am afraid this will be my Achilles heel. Bondo and welding, cant me harder the mechanical. Yeah right.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home